PNW local, Calvin (Cal') Smith grew up running around the Yakima valley of Washington. After four years of track & cross country, his passion for running led him to mountaineering and the discovery of the Bulger List. After finding mentorship and friendship at a local gear shop in Seattle while attending the UW, Cal' was introduced to skiing and ski-mountaineering by his new friends, providing new outlets for his love of endurance.
Separate of his mountain pursuits, Cal' connects to his indigenous heritage by engaging in tribal events of the Salish Sea region with his close friends and returns to his ancestral homeland of Grand Ronde, Oregon for a yearly pow wow.
- Ski descent Coleman-Deming of Kulshan (Mt. Baker)
- Ski descents South Spur of Pahto (Mt. Adams)
- Mt. Olympus via Hoh River, Crystal Pass
- Multiple ascents of Bulger List N. Cascades
- 6 Disappointment Cleaver & Emmons Glacier ascents of Takobed (Mt. Rainier)
- AIARE Rec 2 avalanche course
- Wilderness First Responder
- Leave No Trace Trainer