Ellison was born and raised on the coast of Maine. In high school he spent most of his time skiing, biking, and climbing in the Appalachian Mountains of Western Maine and the White Mountains of New Hampshire. At 18, he relocated to Idaho to access bigger mountains and to work ski patrol/snow safety. Now you can find him doing all the same things with a bit more running in the mix. When not on skis, he's in Washington guiding with RMI. Out of the mountains, Ellison spends his time riding motorcycles, tinkering, scheming, and ultimately just trying to stay warm.
- Multiple summits of Mt. Rainier
- Multiple summits of Mt. Baker
- Ski descents across the U.S, France, Chic Chocs, British Columbia, Alaska
- Rock/Ice climbing ascents in New Hampshire, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon
- Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician
- Pro 1 Avalanche Course
- Leave No Trace Master Educator